Mining Cost Estimation
SGS cost estimation services provide accurate capex and opex estimates recognized by financial institutions globally for mine and plant upgrades, retrofits, greenfield projects and brownfield expansions.
Reliable cost estimation will mitigate your operational and financial risk as you build or expand your metallurgical plant. We provide capital and operating cost estimation services for increased control and visibility of costs involved in the development, start-up and operation of a project so that budgets and financing can be set accordingly.
Our experts provide defensible capital and operating cost estimates and economic analysis to calculate the expected return on your investment. Our capital and operating cost estimates for processing equipment, installation, ancillary buildings and infrastructure requirements can be calculated to varying degrees of accuracy to meet your specific requirements. We are experienced cost estimators and our data and results are recognized by financial institutions globally.
To help you accurately estimate and forecast costs, operating and capital expenses we offer a range of capabilities, including:
- Providing detailed equipment lists with mechanical, electrical and size specifications, horsepower, quantity and installation costs
- Repository of capital and operating costs from historical project databases, reference files and vendor quotes
- Sensitivity analysis on capital and operating costs based on plant capacity, grade and recovery to determine optimal size to maximize return
- Economic modeling (IRR, NPV, payback, sensitivities) that includes mining, geotechnical, mineral processing plant and infrastructure costs
We offer you the competitive advantages associated with our years of experience with mining projects around the world. We have:
- Strong vendor relationships globally to obtain timely quotes that meet technical specifications and delivery lead-times
- An extensive database of equipment and material prices based on years of proven project experience, to ensure your budgets are based on accurate data
- A familiarity with local site operating costs including labor and supplies in various geographic markets, allowing you to account for regional differences
- An understanding of the importance of including detailed power, water and permitting costs in the economic model for increased accuracy of the results
Cost estimates will minimize cost and schedule variations during the construction of your project. We have the proven experience and global presence to provide you with a defensible estimate.
Contact SGS for the assurance that you get the right advice, where and when you need it most.